Sentinel is proud to be an employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.
Sentinel commits to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified persons in all job titles, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Sentinel provides every employee with the tools and resources needed to do their job at the highest level. We train our leaders to understand and identify bias when it occurs, and how to correct it through decision making and actions. Every employee is trained on diversity and inclusion to ensure differences are valued and respected at all levels.
Each year we conduct a third-party audit analyzing our recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination and active employee data, including a review of compensation to understand our success and identify areas for improvement. We strongly affirm all employees deserve to be included, valued, and paid equitably for the work they deliver.Sentinel is first and foremost a service company, and that means our business focuses on people. Extraordinary thinkers. Entrepreneurial spirited. Motivated to accelerate. Our mission is to create a work environment that encourages creativity, fosters growth, and rewards success!
Sentinel’s diversity mission starts with accepting, understanding, and valuing differences among individuals.
A diverse workplace promotes business ideas and innovations from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. We believe this further heightens our ability to provide quality service. For that reason, our focus includes:
- Being thoughtful of the communities we serve with our ability to attract and retain diverse employees and business partners
- Performing effective outreach to diverse suppliers, and encouraging their partnership in procurement and business development activities
- Establishing processes, accountability, and reporting to support our diversity mission into the future
- Meet or exceed diversity requirements for every project
- Collaborate with capable diversity partners and identify meaningful work for those partners on state and local projects
- Look for joint business development work with our diversity partners
- Provide mentoring options for our diversity partners
Sentinel embraces the objectives of diversity programs and seeks to expand minority business by providing meaningful employment opportunities on complex projects. In addition, we use these opportunities to mentor small businesses by encouraging growth and goal achievement. Some of the programs we support include (but are not limited to):
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Veteran Business Program (VBP)
- Business Enterprise Program (BEP)
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)